what is flagrance?

Fla´gran`cy . The condition or quality of being flagrant; atrocity; heinousness; enormity; excess.

Flagrance is good! Once upon a time Barra and David decided that if we were to create our own fragrance, we would call it 'Flagrance'. The idea being that it would be flagrantly expensive and flagrantly nice smelling. Well, we don't know how to develop, manufacture, and market a fragrance, so we have made a blog instead. Deal with it!

Friday, April 13, 2007

Do Your Dance

This blog has been running for just over a month and by now some of you are probably thinking "How do David and Barra manage to stay so flagralicious all the time? Well the answer is simple, we were born in the 1980's.

For me it is difficult to pinpoint exactly what I feel about the 80's. It's quite the paradox, on the one hand there was Don Johnson, Pac Man, The Karate Kid, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and Rubik's Cubes, but on the other hand there was (that fucking cock) Boy George, and Bono's hair. I think possibly the paradox can be explained by saying that the 1980's in the U.S was good, but in the UK and Ireland it was bad, very bad.

The only thing I can say for sure though is that the 80's was a period of over-the-top, never-say-die flagrancy. Although sometimes the power of flagrancy was used by dark forces (Pet Shop Boys), it was certainly not all bad. And playing on radio stations when Barra and myself came into this world was one of the finest examples you'll ever find of positive flagrancy: "Word Up!" by Cameo.

Cameo are my idols and Word Up! is their synthesized masterpiece. I mean come on, the guy wears a red codpiece for fuck sake! It's ridiculous!

I realised this blog would not be fulfilling its duty without a tribute to Cameo. So put on your codpiece, sit back, and enjoy...


Now that my tribute is over, I also want to show you a rather good site I found. If, like me, you like to hear different covers of songs, then check out The Covers Project. It contains covers of a pretty wide range of songs. The covers seem to be done by proper musicians/bands so its not karaoke stuff. There's not a whole lot of songs on it just now, but the site still describes itself as a beta version so it will probably grow in future. Keep an eye on it.

To get you started, you can check out the rather good cover of Word Up by Willis by clicking this link. Hope you enjoy it.

3 comments:

Barra said...

lol,thats a good post.my favourite parts were when the op just couldnt control himself, ripped off his shirt and started dancing in a heinously flagrant fashion, also at the end when the detective realised he had been tricked by cameo.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I wonder how David manages to stay so FAGralicious. Then I remember it is the way god made him.

David said...

you scottish bastard, stop polluting my blog.